JOSE LUIS ZUNO is a multi-disciplinary artist that pushes the boundaries of multiple worlds. He transforms creative intersections into succeeding platforms that translate visual perspectives into a solemn introspective within intuitive fields of self-recognition. This wasteland of darkness is enlightened into clear manifestations of the truth in all of us. This realized form of enigmatic reasonings recreates to realize a clear path to decipher the abstract chaos of the world before us.
Pandemico and Chatter Mouth are two series created in 2020 by artist Jose Luis Zuno. The artist examines the ongoing social upheaval during the pandemic amidst the protest against systemic racism and police brutality. He overwhelms the paintings in an attempt to captivate the spectator, provoking an intense study of the detail in his work. The convoluted images are surrealistically conveyed to depict a kaleidoscope of multiple stories. Each, trying to supersede the other: truth above the lie, oppression, and the struggle for social justice. This platform is brilliantly conveyed within a wave of chaos, constant war, persecution, resistance, and a quest within the primitive survival instinct of a species.
(1) Chatter Mouth Truth, Acrylic on Canvas, 89″ W x 83″ H
(2) Red Pandemic, Acrylic on Canvas, 48″ W x 41″ H
(3) Chatter Mouth Hope, Acrylic on Canvas, 114″ W x 83″ H
(4) Blue Pandemic, Acrylic on Canvas, 48″ W x 41″ H
(5) Chatter Mouth Witness, Acrylic on Canvas, 107″ W x 83″ H
(6) Chatter Mouth Duality, Oil on Canvas, 48″ W x 41″ H
(7) Chatter Mouth, Acrylic on Canvas, 83″ W x 53″ H
(8) Yellow Green Pandemic, Acrylic on Canvas, 48″ W x 41″ H